GOLD KING SLOT DETAILS
Play n Go’s March 2018 slot release appealed to serious slot gamers, since it contains components of a few other high volatility classics, such as Novomatic’s Book of Ra or WMS’s Raging Rhino.
The fable of King Midas — the guy whose touch transformed everything to gold – is the inspiration for the theme. This is represented in the background, which features gold coins and treasure boxes, which may just entice you to keep playing!
Stacked symbols – Super Stacked and randomly appearing on three reels at the same time in the regular game – are the game’s key feature, offering you a chance to win big before you even get to the bonus round.
Then there’s the Free Spins phase, in which one symbol appears stacked on eight successive positions on each reel, and high-value symbols expand to produce winning combinations.
The Free Spins round begins with ten spins but can be extended indefinitely by adding extra spins with more bonus symbols.
Where does this slot game fit into the pantheon of gold and ancient history-themed slot games? Let’s have a look…
A FEW IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT THE GOLD KING SLOT
- Gold King is a 5-reel, 20-payline slot machine that pays out when identical symbols appear on neighboring paylines from left to right.
- It’s a true BLING slot, with beautiful gold and a plethora of gleaming coins.
- The cards 9 through Ace are the low-value symbols, while amulets, gold bars, and a gold crown – which pays out 25x for five in a row – are the high-value symbols.
- The Wild is a rose that pays out 125x for five in a row AND replaces all other symbols except the scatter.
- The scatter symbol is the Gold King, which starts the Free Spins round with 10 spins, but you can get extra if you land him again during the game. There are no limits to the number of spins you can get.
- Stacked features are important; in the fundamental game, one symbol will automatically fill up 12 slots in a stack on each reel. I’ll get to that in a minute…
- Gold King is available for C$0.20 to C$100 per spin.
HOW DOES GOLD KING WORK?
So, to hit the top payouts in the standard game, you’ll need to use paylines with the Wild Rose or the gold crown.
The Super Stacked feature means that ONE symbol will show on TWELVE successive locations on each reel, which might result in the same symbol filling the ENTIRE SCREEN.
There’s also the Golden Spin bonus in the base game, which appears at random and fills reels 1, 3, and 5 with the same Super Stacked Symbol.
The Free Spins round is activated by landing the Gold King symbol on the first, third, and fifth reels at the same time. You will then be awarded 10 free spins.
During this round, you can increase your total number of Free Spins by landing more scatters — 1 more scatter gets you 2 more spins, 2 more scatters gets you 4 extra spins, and 3 more scatters gets you 10 extra spins – and there’s no limit to how many you can get!
During the Free Spins round, additional Super Stacks are available — 1 of the lower value card symbols will always be loaded up to 8 spots on each reel.
PLUS, if a winning line is formed, the highest-paying symbols, the crown, amulet, and gold automobile, will expand to span the full reel.
What Is The Best Way To Win At Gold King Slot?
This appears to be a good addition to the Play n Go portfolio in 2018. In both the regular game and the bonus round, there are some good win opportunities. Of course, there’s no magic way to make a game pay off, but let’s go over the key characteristics to see how to build those winning lines.
- Super Stacks are Important — This is a fantastic base game feature that means if you obtain high value symbol stacking, you can get some enormous payouts. Don’t forget that the Golden Spin will fill the first, third, and fifth reels with identical symbols.
- Unlimited Free Spins – Begin with ten free spins and increase the number as you land more Gold Kings. In this way, we can get up to 24 free spins from this round, but it can go on for as long as the scatters keep falling.
- Expanding Symbols – When you land the crown, amulet, or automobile in the free spins round, they will expand to make winning lines, allowing you to win big. This significantly boosts your potential.
- Take Care – When playing High Variance games, keep in mind that the payouts can be a little inconsistent. So, to keep your bankroll in check, set your bet properly.
- Play at a Licensed Slot Site — Choose from our list of Play n Go-compatible slot sites. We’ve chosen the top sites that are licensed and regulated.
THE VERDICT OF THE SLOT BUZZ
A fantastic game with a lot of potential that will appeal to serious slot players who enjoy games with a lot of variation in both the regular game and the bonus rounds. There are plenty of nice features to dig your teeth into, as well as some big-paying symbols.