A medium variance slot with 96.2% RTP, an awesome 64 paylines and a maximum 1,500x payout. This game features Stacked Wilds, Re-Spins, Massive and Super Massive Symbols that sit 4×4 on the reels to drive bigger wins.
Zoom Slot RTP and Review (Thunderkick)
MORE ABOUT ZOOM SLOT
This 6-reel and 4 row slot looks just like a normal fruit machine, except the reels are divided into six zones, each of 2×2.
In these zones you need to land Zoom symbols to take the game to the next level – when you do symbols expand to sit across four (Massive) or even 16 (Super Massive) spaces and trigger re-spins.
This is where the big wins come in.
Some Key Facts About Zoom Slot
- Zoom can be played from 10p up to £100 per spin at any Thunderkick slot site and at medium variance it should suit most types of players from slot starters to pros.
- The game set-up looks much like a normal slot – 6×4, with classic fruit machine symbols – the reel animation is smooth and slick as you would expect from a Thunderkick slot.
- There are seven basic symbols in the game, from the low paying cherries (2.5x for six on a payline) to the highest paying star (12.5x for six in a row).
- There is a Wild symbol that substitutes for all others except the Zoom.
- The Zoom can land only once per spin in each of the six game segments, but when it does it sets up Massive Symbols and the re-spin.
- The maximum win is 1,500x!
Zoom Gameplay – Massive and Super Massive Symbols
The key feature in Zoom is the scatter (Zoom) symbol itself – it’s the one that unlocks the riches in the game.
This is how it works:
Massive Symbols – When a ‘Z’ lands in any of the 2×2 zones it transforms into a ‘Massive’ Symbol – this can be any standard symbol, but super-sized to take up 4 spaces – it could be a cherry, a lemon, a watermelon, grapes, a bell, a 7, or even the high paying star – the symbol is chosen at random.
Once the Massive Symbol is in position it sticks and a re-spin takes place, giving you more chances of winning.
If you land ANOTHER ‘Z’ in one of the other zones, this one will transform into a Massive Symbol as well, and another re-spin ensues.
This can happen for up to six re-spins.
Super Massive Symbols – It gets bigger and it gets better! If you can land 4 ‘Z’s in adjacent zones then you create a Super Massive Symbol – one that takes up more than half the reels.
Of course, with your Super Massive you also get a re-spin, setting up the chance of some pretty tasty wins.
And remember, at all times the WILD is in play too!
How To Win at Zoom
This is one of Thunderkick’s simpler games – it doesn’t take a lot to work out what’s going on and it ticks over at a fairly steady pace with some pretty good wins. Still, here is our guide to help you get the best out of Zoom:
- Land That Zoom Symbol – It sounds obvious, but it needs saying. The Z is where it’s at. Amongst the standard symbols the highest paying will only get you 12.5x at best. So to really unlock the riches, watch out for those Z’s landing as much as possible.
- What does the Z transform into? Check what symbol you have when it transforms – epic wins come from the highest paying Star.
- Super Massive Symbols and Wild Combinations – Remember, as always the Wild is in play and it will substitute for all others, so look out for it on a payline when your Massive and Super Massives are in play.
- Play Safe – Never chase your losses in this or any other game – if it’s not working for you and you’re having a dry run, try something else or stopping altogether for a while.
- Play at one of our Recommended Thunderkick Sites – We have reviewed the latest slot sites featuring Thunderkick games, all with UK licenses. Choose one to play Zoom at.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
Fans of other Thunderkick games like Arcader will enjoy Zoom. It’s a classic fruit machine and the Zoom feature is like a variation on a Stacked symbol. This one is not a high volatility game like Birds on a Wire or Spectra so those with small-ish bankrolls can enjoy some good times here too.
That said, if you want something out of the Thunderkick catalogue that has a lower variance and more frequent payouts, why not try 1429 Unchartered Seas.