A high variance cluster pays slot with a 96.5% RTP played on 5×5 grid. Comes packed with features including cascading wins, extra wilds, free spins with extra rows and reels, multipliers and level-ups! Plus a 3,000x top payout!
Sweet Alchemy Slot RTP, Review and Slot Sites
MORE ABOUT SWEET ALCHEMY SLOT
The first few months of 2018 have been a busy time for Play n Go as they aim to consolidate their position as one of the best and more prolific game providers for UK slot sites.
Sweet Alchemy is a little different to these classic slots – it’s more like the Reactoonz game released in 2017, and has elements of the social sensation, Candy Crush, in there too.
During the base game consecutive wins increase the level of a Sugar Rush meter which has various mile stones on it – as you complete each mile stone you get rewarded with extra wilds in the mix, free spins, or a pick me round with cash and multipliers up for grabs.
This is a pretty volatile game with some decent opportunities to win big if you can get into the higher levels of the Sugar Rush meter. That’s the tough part though – so it’s worth having a few spins at low stakes or on free to get a feel for the game first.
But first, let’s find out more …
Some Key Facts About Sweet Alchemy Slot
- Sweet Alchemy is a cluster pays game on a 5×5 grid with 1 payline (clusters of 4 or more identical symbols). Bigger clusters create bigger wins.
- With a winning cluster, the winning symbols burst and are replaced with new ones, so you can have consecutive wins from one ‘spin’.
- With each consecutive win the Sugar Rush meter increases – the more it increases, the more rewards you get, eventually leading to the Free Spins round which itself contains lots of level ups!
- The symbols in the game are a mix of sweets and treats – from sugar cubes, jelly beans, cones, doughnuts, pastilles, nuts, hearts and stars. The stars are the highest paying symbol and will pay out at 30x for eight in a cluster.
- There are three wild symbols in the game – they only come into play when your Sugar Meter reaches the required level.
- There is an ‘Alchemist’ in the game – she sits to the right of the grid and conjures up spells that are cast over your spins to give you more chances of winning – they are things like shuffling all the symbols on the grid at the end of a spin, throwing extra wilds in, or removing non-winning symbols to create more win chances.
- Sweet Alchemy can be played from 10p up to £100 per spin.
- The top prize is an excellent 3,000x in a spin!
Sweet Alchemy Slot – How It Works
This game is brimful of features! There’s some really fun things happening all the time – this is what to look out for:
Sugar Rush Meter
Like Candy Crush, Sweet Alchemy works on the basis that you earn more rewards as you play – in this case for bagging consecutive wins. This is what you get:
6 symbol win in one spin – 2 regular wilds replace 2 normal symbols on the grid.
13 symbol win in one spin – 2 STRIPED WILDS replace 2 normal symbols PLUS if you get a win including one of these wilds then ALL symbols on the same row or column are removed and new ones drop in. Your winning symbols contribute to the Sugar Rush meter.
25 symbol win in one spin – 2 DOTTED WILDS replace 2 normal symbols PLUS all instances of one randomly chosen symbol will be substituted for other symbols to create bigger wins.
28 symbol win in one spin – Things get interesting here … you activate the …
Mix the Elixir Free Round Feature
This is effectively your Free Spins Round. It comes with extra features, challenges, and level-ups.
To being though, you get given three new Candy Spells, plus another Candy Spell for every extra three winning symbols in the spin that activated the feature. There is a maximum of seven spells on offer.
The Mix the Elixir Round plays out on an increased 9×9 grid. The objective is to collect specified symbols by forming clusters, and in doing so eventually trigger the Elixir of Power Bonus round.
This can be done three times, and in each case the prizes get bigger.
To help, you will also get Spells from the Alchemist. These Candy Spells are as follows:
Mixed Candy – symbols shuffle on the grid after a spin, creating more wins.
Sweet Surprise – from 7 to 12 WILD symbols (dotted, striped or regular) are added to the grid.
Sugar Bombs – from 7 to 15 normal symbols are destroyed and replaced with new ones to create more chances of winning.
The meter to the right of the grid tells you have far you have got. At each Elixir of Power Bonus level the prizes get better.
Elixir of Power Bonus
Here, a screen of chocolate tiles is presented to the user from which they must pick, until three are matched. With each level the prizes increase.
At Level 1 the prizes go up to 5x your stake and 3x your win from the free spins.
At level 2 the prizes go up to 10x your stake and 5x your win from the free spins.
At level 3 the prizes go up to 10x your stake and 10x your win from the free spins. This is where you can score that top 3,000x payout!
Finally, there is a Map Feature as well.
For each time that you complete the Elixir of Bonus Feature you move one more place on the map – hidden in the map are Treasure Chests which are revealed after each three positions that you move. The cash prize in the chest is always 15% of the winnings from the base game since you last opened a chest!
How To Win At Sweet Alchemy Slot
This is far from a conventional slot and it will take a bit of getting used to. Don’t be fooled by the sweet sugar-coating. This is a serious game with high variance. To win decent prizes you’ll need to unlock the bonus rounds, and that can be tough.
Of course, there is no way to make a slot pay, all spin outcomes are based on random events, but by way of a re-cap here is a quick guide to what to look out for:
- Big Cluster Wins – If you want to unlock the Mix the Elixir Bonus Round then you’ll need to land 38 or more winning symbols in a spin. This can be over consecutive wins so it’s not as hard as it might sound.
- Get Help From the Alchmeist – Remember, she may sound a little annoying, but she’s there to help! Look out for her spells which give you extra winning potential.
- Elixir of Power Bonus – Ok, so all the big wins are locked up in this round – aim to trigger this and get to the third level by utilising those Sugar Bombs and Sweet Surprises. And don’t forget the map that can give you a 15% booster on your base game wins!
- Play Safe – This is a tough, tough game so play safely – start at the low-end 10p a spin to get a feel for it. And if it’s not working out, don’t chase the losses. Come back another time.
- Choose a recommended UK slot site – Always play at a licensed UK casino – our list of top UK slot sites can help you find one that offers safe, secure and fair gambling.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
At first we found this game to be a little confusing – there is so much going on, and loads of features, level-ups and gameplay to understand to get the most out of it. That’s why we recommend taking it easy here – you won’t enjoy it if you don’t understand what’s happening in the game. But when you do get to grips with it, Play n Go’s Sweet Alchemy is a top-class game. It’s not slot play as we know it, but it delivers a lot of treats.