A cluster-pays candy crush style extravaganza of a slot with low-ish variance, a 96.42% RTP and a top jackpot of 28,305 coins. Comes with level-ups with extra candies, and lots of sweet features including Candy Bombs and infinite Free Spins.
Sugar Pop 2 Double Dipped Slot RTP, Review and Recommended Slot Sites
MORE ABOUT CANDY POP 2 DOUBLE DIPPED SLOT
This is the follow up to the original Candy Dip slot from Betsoft. If you enjoyed the first version then you’ll love this one. It still reminds us of Candy Crush Saga, and it packs a punch with plenty of features.
In fact, in many ways this one is more like one of those Facebook social games with all the level-ups and rewards that come with them. Fair play to Betsoft they have mixed the two styles together nicely and at a low to medium variance this one will appeal to slots players of all shapes and sizes.
The main game mechanic is slightly different to a traditional slot because it uses Clusters rather than paylines to define winning spins, and if you can create five or more clusters in one spin you can set off a Candy Bomb that explodes across the reels.
As in all cluster games, when you create a winning cluster, those symbols explode and are replaced with new ones which can create further clusters and lead to successive wins from one spin.
Let’s find out more …
Some Key Facts About Sugar Pop 2 Double Dipped
- The reel layout is 7×7 and this is a Cluster Pays slot – to complete a winning spin you must create a cluster of identical symbols to drive wins.
- This is a candy-fuelled slot if ever there was one – the symbols are made up of different colored and flavoured sweets of all shapes and sizes, from Gumdrops, Caramel Chews, Candy Canes and lollipops to Fizzypop candy and Jellybeans!
- The coin range is 0.01 to 1.00.
- Up to 27 Free Spins can be awarded for the bonus round and they are re-triggerable an unlimited number of times.
- There is a wild that appears when five or more symbols land in cluster – it substitutes for all others except the Level-Up and Scatter.
- The RTP for this game is a respectable 96.42%
- Level-ups are triggered by the Level Up symbols and show up in the meter to the right of the game screen. With each new level-up you gain more candy symbols for bigger potential wins.
Sugar Pop 2 Double Dipped – How It Works
This game can feel slightly complicated at times and it does take a bit of time to work out, simply because there is a lot going on.
The basics are easy enough though – you need to form clusters of symbols to create winning spins. When a cluster lands, all the symbols in it explode and new ones drop in to replace them ( a kind of cascading reels affect).
During the base game there are several features:
If you land five or more clusters in one go then you trigger a Candy Bomb. The more symbols there are in your winning cluster, the more powerful the bomb, affecting more of the spaces around it. This works as follows:
- 5 Winning Clusters – Bomb affects area of six candies
- 6 Winning Clusters – Bomb affects area of nine candies
- 7 Winning Clusters – Bomb affects area of twelve candies
- 8 and 9 Winning Clusters – Bomb affects area of sixteen candies
- 10 Winning Clusters – Bomb affects area of twenty candies
And of course, with each cluster of five or more symbols a wild is dropped in to dive bigger wins.
Watch the level-up trail meter to the right of the screen which will tell you how many levels you have increased. Each time a level-up symbols lands you increase by 1. This can start from your very first spin.
When you level up you’ll also add special candies to the reels. These are revealed when a giant chocolate egg appears on the reels and then explodes to reveal a new candy. There are different types, including Morphing Wilds that take on the shape of adjacent symbols, Jelly beans that fire out of the Jelly Bean canon, and a Sweet Hammer that squashes different candies.
Basically what you need to know is that there is a lot of bonkers action going on here, and it’s all good fun. Just get in there any play to find out more!
Free Spins Bonus Round
To set off the Free Spins round you need to land a cluster of four or more Free Spins symbols. The number of spins is awarded as follows:
- 4 Symbols = 5 Free Spins
- 5 Symbols = 7 Free Spins
- 15 Symobls = 27 Free Spins
You can go on adding to your Free Spins total by landing more Free Spins symbols during the bonus round.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
Sugar Pop 2 is quite a complex little beast because of all the features, level ups and extra events that are thrown in as you progress through the game. It’s also a lot of fun, and it is definitely worth a spin for the experience simply because it’s different to most of the other slots on the market right now. Betsoft have managed to mix a classic slot theme with the social gaming format to good affect and consequently there is never a dull moment in Sugar Dip 2.