A futuristic 5 reel slot with 7,776 ways to win, high variance and 96.3% RTP. Mixes wilds, sticky wilds, free spins and expanding reels as female cyborg HA-42 battles the Kaiju monsters in a bid to save humanity. Max win is 1,305x.
Kaiju Slot RTP, Review and Recommended Slot Sites (ELK Studios)
MORE ABOUT KAIJU SLOT
Elk Studio’s latest release for Feburary 2018 takes us into the future and a time when humanity is fighting for survival, under attack from the Kaiju –a generic term for giant monsters (think Godzilla) that feature in Japanese films from the 1950s.
In this game the Kaiju grow crystals and gems on their skin and cyborg HA-42 must steal them to put the Kaiju to sleep and save the human race. This is a very cool slot game with some awesome graphics, including vertical lasers that open up wilds on top of the reels in the base game and bonus rounds.
The free spin bonus round becomes a battle to defeat a randomly chosen Kaiju using your vertical lasers to open up the reels, adding wilds and activating special hot spots that will earn you victory.
There are additional free spins, sticky wilds and more win opportunities to enjoy as the reels expand upwards during the bonus game.
This is a great looking slot and the gameplay feels good, so let’s find out a bit more.
Some Key Facts About Kaiju Slot
- This is a 5-reel game. It pays out for three or more identical symbols in a payline from left to right.
- The background to the base game is a futuristic Japanese street with the reels projected like a hologram over the scene.
- The variance here is high – to win big you really need to get into the bonus round and battle a Kaiju and activate all the hot spots to end with Sticky Wilds and more free spins.
- There are six symbols in all – three credit card-like objects and three gemstones in red, green and blue. The red pays out 300x for five in a row.
- You can add wilds to each reel during the base game by landing three identical symbols in a connected vertical row. The wild only remains in place for the current spin.
- By landing three HA-42 symbols you set up a battle with one of the Kaiju, with 7 Free Spins to start with.
- You can play Kaiju from 20p up to £100 per spin.
Kaiju – How It Works
So, the base game is nice and simple here – you’ll get a few winning spins and the vertical lasers open up extra wilds at the top of the reels and give you extra payouts on occasion.
What you’re really looking for though is 3 of the HA-42s on reels 2, 3 and 4. This sets off your Kaiju Battle Free Spins feature.
The round starts with 7 free spins and your objective is to defeat the Kaiju. This is achieved by activating five hotspots around the Kaiju’s head. The hot spots can only be activated by striking them with vertical lasers.
A vertical laser is set off by landing three identical symbols in a connected vertical row – just like the base game. Each time this happens you add another position to the top of the reel – you must extend the reel until the laser strikes the hot spot. And each time you expand a reel by one place you add another free spin to your total, giving you more chances of winning.
When the last hot spot is activated, you have defeated the Kaiju, and all the wilds in that sequence turn sticky for the remainder of your free spins.
How To Win At Kaiju Slot
So, what’s the secret to winning big in Kaiju from ELK? Well, as we always say, there is no magic formula to getting the top payout in this game – after all, every slot is governed by a Random Number Generator to determine the outcome of each spin. Nevertheless, here is our 5 point guide to help you to know what to look out for in this game.
- Trigger the bonus round – this is a high variance game and in truth, there is not much going on in the base game. What you really need is to open up the Free Spins round – that’s where all the action is. The good news is, its not that hard to unlock. We managed it three times in around 75 spins.
- Defeat the Kaiju! The big wins keep coming in the bonus round but what you’re looking to do is activate all the hot spots, bring the Kaiju down and set up sticky wilds for as many remaining free spins as possible.
- Betting Strategies – This game comes with a built-in betting strategy that is optional. You can switch it on or off depending on your preference. You can choose to bet a % of your balance – your bet size will automatically increase when your balance does, or automatically increase you bet after five losing or winning rounds.
- High Variance – Beware! Always remember that this is a high variance game and it takes some time to unlock its riches. If it’s not working out for you, take a break and try again another time.
- Look for a Licensed UK slot site – Choose from our list of the best UK slot sites to play ELK Studio games at. We have reviewed all the sites features on The Slot Buzz to help you choose the right one for you.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
Kaiju is a really original and interesting slot, and whilst it sounds complicated, once you have played it a few times you’ll actually find it pretty easy. The base game didn’t deliver much for us when we tried it but the bonus round has some serious riches to deliver. It’s a lot of fun watching the reels increase and keeping your fingers crossed you can bring down the Kaiju.
We’ve reviewed more great games like this one on our High Variance Slots pages.