A high variance slot with 96.52% RTP and 20 fixed paylines, with gameplay a little reminiscent of Book or Ra Deluxe. Features Super Stacked symbols simultaneously on three reels and a bonus round with infinite free spins and wins of up to 5,000x.
Gold King Slot RTP, Review and Recommended Slot Sites
MORE ABOUT GOLD KING SLOT
Play n Go’s new slot release for March 2018 will be popular amongst serious slot players – it has elements of a few other high variance classics like Novomatic’s Book or Ra or Raging Rhino by WMS.
The theme is the story of King Midas – the man who’s touch turned everything to gold. This is reflected in the backdrop – gold coins and treasure chests adorn the room, which might just put you in the mood to keep playing!
The key to the game is stacked symbols – Super Stacked and appearing on three reels at the same time randomly in the base game giving you some decent win potential before you even hit the bonus round.
And then a Free Spins round where one symbol will appear stacked on eight consecutive spots on each reel, and high value symbols will expand to form winning combos.
The Free Spins round also starts with 10, but keeps on going indefinitely as you can add more spins with more bonus symbols.
There are plenty of gold and ancient history-themed slot games out there, so where does this one fit into that pantheon. Let’s find out …
Some Key Facts About Gold King Slot
- Gold King is a 5 reel and 20 fixed payline slot game – it pays out for identical symbols appearing in adjacent positions on a payline from left to right.
- It’s a real BLING slot – ornate gold and tons of sparkling coins everywhere you look.
- The low value symbols are the cards, 9 through Ace, whilst the high value symbols are amulets, gold bars and a gold crown – which pays out at 25x for five in a row.
- The Wild is a rose and it pays out a massive 125x for five in a row PLUS it substitutes for all others except the scatter.
- The Gold King is the scatter symbol – this opens up the Free Spins round with 10 spins to start, but you can grab more if you land him again during the round. With unlimited spins available.
- Stacked features play a big part – one symbol will automatically fill up 12 spots in a stack on each reel in the base game. More on that in a minute …
- You can play Gold King from 20p up to £100 per spin.
Gold King – How It Works
So, in the base game you’re looking to from paylines with the Wild Rose or the gold crown to hit the top payouts.
The Super Stacked feature means ONE symbol will appear on TWELVE consecutive positions on each reel which can actually lead to filling the ENTIRE SCREEN with the same symbol.
Additionally, in the base game there is the randomly-appearing Golden Spin feature – this means that reels 1, 3 and 5 are all filled with the same Super Stacked Symbol
The Free Spins round is triggered by landing the Gold King symbol simultaneously anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5, at which point you will be granted 10 Free Spins.
During this round you can add more Free Spins to your total by landing more scatters – 1 more gets you 2 extra spins, 2 more gets you 4 extra spins and 3 more gets you 10 extra spins – with no limit to how many you can get!
Further Super Stacks are also available during the Free Spins round – 1 of the lower value card symbols will always be loaded up onto 8 positions on each reel.
PLUS the highest-paying symbols, the crown, amulet and gold car will expand to fill the entire reel if they can make up a winning line.
How To Win At Gold King Slot
This is looking like a pretty nice addition to the Play n Go catalogue in 2018. There are some nice win opportunities throughout both the base game and the bonus round. There’s no magic way to make a game pay out of course, but let’s just re-cap the main features to highlight how to form those winning lines.
- Super Stacks are Key – this is a nice base game feature and means you can grab some big payouts if you get high value symbol stacking. And don’t forget the Golden Spin will fill reels 1, 3 and 5 with identical symbols.
- Unlimited Free Spins – So, start with 10 free spins and keep adding more as you land more Gold Kings. We’ve got as many as 24 free spins from this round in this way, but it can go on for as long as those scatters keep coming.
- Expanding Symbols – You can drive some decent wins when you land crown, amulet or car in the free spins round because they will expand to create winning lines. This increases your potential markedly.
- Take Care – Always remember with High Variance games that the payouts can be a little uneven. So set your stake accordingly to manage your bankroll.
- Play at a Licensed Slot Site – Choose from our list of slot sites with Play n Go games on them. We’ve picked the best sites with UK Gambling Commission licenses.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
A nice game with great potential that will be popular amongst serious slot players who like a game that can deliver big wins on a high variance in both the base game and bonus rounds. There’s plenty of nice features and some big-paying symbols to get your teeth into.
If you like to give this game a try, why not delve into one of the new MT Secure Trade Casinos, High Roller – read our full review here.