MORE ABOUT GEM ROCKS SLOT
February 2018 seems to be a month for slots with big rocks and cascading reels (Asgardian Stones – NetEnt). Here is Yggdrasil’s Gem Rocks slot, a simple but beautifully designed game featuring rock-crushing giants!
Earlier this year Yggdrasil wowed us with Ozwin’s Jackpots, a game that included a big free spins round and complex progressive jackpots. This slot is much simpler to get your head around, but no less fun for it.
Some Key Facts About Gem Rocks
- This is a 6 reel and 4 row slot game with 4,096 ways to win – to win players must create ‘clusters’ of three or more identical symbols.
- There are eight symbols in all, each a different colored and shaped gemstone. The one to look out for is the Star – this pays 75x for five in a cluster.
- The popular Cascading Reels mechanic – used in so many games now and first made famous in NetEnt’s Gonzo’s Quest – is key to this game. It can land you many consecutive wins.
- Gem Rocks can be played from 25p up to £100 per spin.
Gem Rocks – How It Works
There is nothing complicated about Gem Rocks. The main driver in the base game is the Cascading Reels feature. It works like this:
After each winning cluster, the symbols that make up that cluster are removed and new ones drop down in their place. When they do, new wins may be formed, and if so, the process repeats.
This continues until there are no more wins! Just sit back and enjoy!
Many Cascading Reels games come with a multiplier that increases with each consecutive win. That is not the case with Gem Rocks. However, the game does come with a different additional feature.
Gem Rock Feature – Big Symbols Help You Form Winning Clusters
Gem Rock is triggered on the 2nd, 5th and 9th consecutive wins during Cascading Reels. A super-sized symbol will land at the top of the reels. The symbol will be chosen at random and the size will depend on how many consecutive wins you have had:
2 Consecutive Wins: a 2×2 Gem Rock
5 Consecutive Wins: a 3×3 Gem Rock
9 Consecutive Wins: a 4×4 Gem Rock
In a perfect world you’re looking for nine consecutive wins and a super-sized high-paying Gem Rock symbol.
With these giants on the reels of course it becomes easier to create those winning clusters and push on towards that 2,500x win!
How To Win At Gem Rock Slot
It’s pretty easy to see where you need to be to score the decent payouts in Gem Rocks. Of course, all slot play is governed by random mechanics so you can’t affect the outcome of each spin. But it is good to know what to look out for. Here is our quick five-point guide to wining at Gem Rock.
- It’s Clusters, not paylines! Remember, this game pays out for Clusters of symbols, not paylines. So you just need a group of 3 or more adjacent symbols to start winning.
- Sit Back and Enjoy The Cascading Reels – It’s always nice to play a game that does the work for you. Once you score a win, sit back and enjoy the ride and hope you can reach that nice win run!
- Best Paying Symbol – The Star – Look out for this one, The Star will give you 75x for five in a cluster. This becomes a lot easier to land if you have the Gem Stone feature – a 4×4 Star increases your chances of the top win.
- Be a Smart Player – Remember, you can’t force the wins. If the symbols aren’t falling for you, don’t keep chasing your losses. Take a break and come back – you might do better tomorrow!
- Find a licensed UK slot site – at TheSlotBuzz we have put together a list of the best UK slot sites. Choose from these recommend casinos to get the best out of this game.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
This is another smart slot from Yggdrasil. It may not be packed with features and free spins but it’s still a lot of fun. The variance is in the medium to high range, so be prepared that it might take time to hit a decent pay run. However, when you do land a nine run of consecutive wins, and you hit a high value Gem Rock, the results can be spectacular! Have fun!