ALL ABOUT PENGUIN CITY SLOT
How are Yggdrasil doing for you in 2018? We are not so sure about Ozwin’s Jackpots or Easter Island (those weird dancing statues?!) but if you haven’t tried Vikings Go To Hell yet, then you really need to – scorching graphics and superb gameplay – and Lucha Maniacs is a bit of a treat as well.
And now we have Penguin City, for release on 24thJuly 2018.
This is a medium variance title, with a top payout of 1,647x, so it’s not so much of a wild ride, but it still looks like a lot of fun and has the classic Yggdrail trait of a weird and whacky storyline to form the game around.
In Penguin City the Emperor Penguin runs a food emporium and enslaves his Penguin minions to work long and exhausting hours in his service! During the game you must help them try to escape.
It’s not a complicated game – there are wilds all over the place but no free spins mode. Let’s find out more …
Key Facts About Penguin City Slot
- Penguin City is a ‘win-all-ways’ slot – that means no paylines, but ANY identical symbols adjacent to one another in lines of 3 or more on the reels (left to right or vice versa) is a win.
- The game has 5 reels, 3 rows and a 96.54% RTP.
- The reels are set against a backdrop of a kitchen where the penguins work. The symbols are made up of low value ones – spades, diamonds, hearts and clubs – and premium ones – kitchen cleavers, soup bowls, soup pots, noodle boxes and soy sauce bottles.
- Look out as well for the wild which substitutes for all other – it’s also key in triggering the Penguin Escape mode – more on that later.
- You can play Penguin City from 10p to £125 per spin.
Penguin City Slot Features
Penguin Escape Mode
If you land a wild on the 2ndor 4threels during a winning spin then you activate the Penguin Escape Mode. During the round you get successive re-spins until you land a losing spin. With each spin there is a chance of adding more sticky wilds to the reels, or extra symbols for guaranteed wins.
Like this …
After each re-spin you get a great animation of Penguins trying to jump to escape the Emporium. If they land on the reels they can set off one of two events:
- A sticky wild is added to reel two or reel four.
- A symbol is swapped into reel three to create a winning spin.
Watch out though for the Emperor Penguin who can play a part in the Penguin Escape Mode too. When he lands he appears Stacked as a Wild in the middle reel and GUARANTEES a win. When he is present, no penguin dares to attempt to escape!
He is also a Walking Wild – meaning his stack will drop down one place with each successive spin.
Penguin Escape mode continues until you hit a losing spin.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
So, there you have it. Nothing too complicated going on in Penguin City that’s for sure. It’s all about hitting that Penguin Escape Mode where sticky wilds and re-spins can drive up the big payouts. The walking Emperor looks like he can help you out too, because in combination with sticky wilds all over reels 2 and 4, you stand to get close to that top 1,647x win.