MORE ABOUT EASTER ISLAND SLOT
Yggdrasil have a reputation for crazy-looking slots with hilarious themes – check out Rainbow Ryan and Vikings Go Bezerk for proof. In 2018 they have already brought us Ozwin’s Jackpots and Gem Rocks.
Now on 22nd March, in time for Easter Celebrations, we are treated to the weird and wonderful Easter Island.
This is a less volatile offering than we have come to expect from Yggdrasil and it won’t appeal so much to the slot streamers and thrill seekers, but it does provide lots of entertainment nonetheless.
The graphics and animations are superb and due to the lower variance there are rarely more than one or two dry spins to sit through. Plus when you do get a win, the Moai statues either side of the reel animate and pull crazy expressions – you have to watch it to believe it!
The gameplay is a basic – the main feature is re-spins that follow each winning spin. BUT – the re-spins come on an engine with an increased reel (up to 7 rows high) and payline size – more on that in a minute.
Elsewhere there are expanding wilds and transforming symbols.
Let’s find out more …
Some Key Facts About Easter Island Slot
- Easter Island is a 5 reel game with three rows that expand to seven for re-spins if you get the right symbols to land.
- The game is set on the Pacific Easter Island, with the reels set on top of the cliff face and two Moai Statues either side that animate when winning symbols land.
- The lower value symbols are the playing cards, the suits of club, diamonds, hearts and spades. They pay out at 5x for five in a payline. The higher value symbols are the carved animals in blue, purple, green, orange and red. The latter pays out at 500x for five on a payline.
- Every winning spin triggers a re-spin.
- The Wild symbols land on reels 2 and 4 and will expand on winning spins, and stick for the re-spin.
- With expanded wilds the reels can be up to 5 or 7 rows tall.
- The max payout on one spin is 1,880x.
- Easter Island can be played from 10p up to £200 per spin.
Easter Island Slot – How It Works
So, let’s break the game down to the basics:
Every winning spin triggers a re-spin. But before the re-spin …
The Symbol Swap feature is applied AND if your winning payline is made up of a low value playing card symbol, ALL other low value symbols on the reels transform into that one for the re-spin.
And if your winning payline is made up of a high value symbol, then the same happens – all other high value symbols on the reels transform into that one for the re-spin.
For the re-spin you also get …
Expanding Reels Feature
If your payline is three of a kind, then your re-spin plays on the standard 27 payline set up.
If your payline is four of a kind, the reels expand to 5 rows high, and the paylines increase to 65.
If your payline is five of a kind, the reels expand to 7 rows high, and the paylines increase to 103.
And that’s pretty much it – this isn’t a feature-packed game and the low to medium variance won’t appeal to all-comers, but it’s a fun slot.
How To Win At Easter Island Slot
Ok, so by way of re-cap, here are the highlights of Easter Island slot and some hints on what to look out for when chasing those winning lines.
- 500x for 5 of a kind – This game has a high payout for five of a kind on the high-paying animal symbols. Look out for these.
- Expanding, Sticky Wilds – Keep your fingers crossed for wilds landing on reels 2 and 4 – they will expand and stick for the re-spins. Particularly good if you can land them on a 7 row reel set up.
- 103 Ways to Win – Yes, if you hit a 5 of a kind payline, watch those reels expand to 7 symbols high for the re-spin, giving even more win opportunities on a 103 payline engine!
- Play Safe – Remember to gamble responsibly. This game will pay out at 96.1% RTP, so the house will always take that edge. Don’t go chasing those wins if they aren’t landing for you. Come back another day.
- Play at a UK slot site – We have picked the best UK Slot Sites for you to choose from. Browse our list and read our reviews to find one that suits you.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
This is a fairly basic slot with a simple game mechanic. The low variance will put some people off but we think it’s worth a spin even if it’s just to check out those crazy statues dancing and shouting to the rhythm of the reels!