Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak Review (Thunderkick)
ALL ABOUT YETI BATTLE OF GREENHAT PEAK
True slot maniacs are usually huge fans of Thunderkick’s games. These guys have recently become popular among streamers and thrill-seekers who enjoy chasing huge winnings in high-variance games like Pink Elephants, Falcon Huntress, and Flame Busters.
One thing is certain: in a Thunderkick game, you never know what to anticipate. And now, in the middle of a hot summer, the masters of the strange and amazing are tossing us another curveball (or should that be snowball) with the launching of a low variance icy-yeti adventure slot!
This game is clean and aesthetically engaging, with some fantastic Yeti creatures, a bonus carrot sign, and some crazy-looking Green-hatted, moustachioed characters who are apparently attempting to avoid getting kicked by the Abominable Yetis!
It’s all fantastic fun, but it’s all low variance fun, so if you’re looking for something a little more adventurous and hard, check out our high variance slots page. Let’s find out more for the rest of you…
Key Facts About Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak
- Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak is a five-reel, three-row slot with eleven fixed paylines. It has an RTP of 96.1 percent.
- With snow-capped peaks and ice-carrot farms, the reels are set against a cartoon-Himalayan setting (of course).
- Low-value icons include the cards Ace, King, Queen, and Jack; premium symbols include lemons, cherries, melons, and the peaceful/terrifying Yetis themselves. For the fifth time in a straight, the Yeti pays out at 35x.
- There’s also a Wild (the carrot farmer in a green hat) that pays 35x and replaces all other symbols save the bonus. During the bonus round, he can also seem frozen in — more on that in a moment.
- Finally, the Carrot — the bonus symbol – appears three times or more to activate the free spins round.
- This game can be played for anywhere between $0.10 and $100 per spin.
Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak Slot Features
Wild Attack Feature
When two scatters (the carrot) land anywhere on the reels during the base game, this is triggered. Any wilds that aren’t part of a winning line become sticky at this stage, and between one and three new wilds are added to the reels.
After that, there is a re-spin. There are further re-spins, with your wilds remaining in place until a winning line is formed.
Free Spins slot Bonus Round
In the base game, three or more scatters anywhere on the reels will activate the free spins bonus round. For three scatters, you’ll win 10 free spins, 15 free spins for four scatters, and 20 free spins for five scatters.
During the free spins round, keep an eye out for more scatters. Below the reels is a wild attack meter (represented by holes in the ground where carrots emerge!).
The wild attack meter grows by one after you land a scatter. EVERY THREE STEPS UP THE WILD ATTACK METER GETS YOU ONE MORE STICKY WILD ON THE REELS AS WELL AS TWO EXTRA FREE SPINS.
If you fill the meter all the way up, you’ll get FIVE additional free spins (there are 31 in total to claim).
Also, keep in mind…
During the Free Spins round, ALL WILDS that land outside a winning line will stick for the duration of the spins OR until they form part of a winning line.
THE VERDICT OF THE SLOT BUZZ
Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak is a slick little game with a lot of cool features and fantastic graphics and animations. It’s not for people looking for massive wins, though, with a low variance and a top payout of 845x. To unlock anything other than a steady stream of 1x to 5x multipliers, you’ll need to land those carrots and enter the free spins phase, where the sticky wilds and re-triggers can help you land something a little more substantial.
Wild Heist or Falcon Huntress are the better Thunderkick releases this year, in our opinion. Of course, the final decision is yours.