EASTER ISLAND SLOT DETAILS
Now, on March 22nd, just in time for Easter, we are treated to the strange and fascinating Easter Island.
This is a less volatile offering from Yggdrasil than we’ve come to expect, and it won’t appeal as much to slot streamers and adrenaline seekers, but it still provides plenty of amusement.
The visuals and animations are excellent, and there are rarely more than one or two dry spins to endure owing to the lesser volatility. Plus, when you get a winning combination, the Moai statues on either side of the reel animate and make bizarre expressions — you have to see it to believe it!
The gameplay is straightforward, with the major feature being re-spins after each successful spin. BUT – the re-spins are powered by a new engine that features a larger reel (up to 7 rows) and payline size – more on that in a moment.
Expanding wilds and changing symbols can also be found elsewhere.
Let’s learn more…
Some Crucial Details About the Easter Island Slot
- Easter Island is a five-reel slot with three rows that extend to seven for re-spins if the correct symbols fall on the reels.
- The game takes place on Easter Island in the Pacific, with the reels positioned atop a cliff face and two Moai Statues on either side that animate when winning symbols land.
- The playing cards, as well as the suits of club, diamond, heart, and spade, are the lesser value symbols. For five in a payline, they pay out 5x. The carved creatures in blue, purple, green, orange, and red have a greater value symbol.
- For five on a payline, the latter pays out 500x.
- A re-spin is triggered after each victorious spin.
- Wild symbols appear on reels 2 and 4 and grow on winning spins, staying in place during the re-spin.
- Expanded wilds may make the reels up to 5 or 7 rows tall.
- On a single spin, the maximum payout is 1,880x.
- Easter Island is a slot machine that may be played for anything from C$0.10 to C$200 per spin.
How Does the Easter Island Slot Work?
So, let’s have a look at the basics of the game:
A re-spin is triggered after each victorious spin. But first, a re-spin…
If your winning payline contains a low-value playing card symbol, the Symbol Swap feature is activated, and ALL other low-value symbols on the reels turn into that symbol for the re-spin.
If your winning payline is made up of a high-value symbol, the same thing happens — during the re-spin, all other high-value symbols on the reels turn into that one.
You’ll also get… as part of the re-spin.
Feature of Expanding Reels
Your re-spin will use the usual 27 payline setup if your payline is three of a kind.
When you get four of a type on a payline, the reels grow to five rows high and the paylines to 65.
If you get five of a type on a payline, the reels grow to seven rows and the paylines to 103.
And that’s pretty much it — this isn’t a game with a lot of features, and the low to medium volatility won’t appeal to everyone, but it’s an entertaining slot nevertheless.
What Is The Best Way To Win At Easter Island Slots?
So, to summarize, here are the highlights of the Easter Island slot, as well as some pointers on what to look for when chasing those winning lines.
- 500x for five of a kind — The high-paying animal symbols in this game provide a large payoff for five of a kind. Keep an eye out for them.
- Expanding, Sticky Wilds – Cross your fingers that wilds appear on reels 2 and 4 — they will expand and stick for the re-spins. It’s even better if you can land them on a 7-row reel setup.
- Yes, if you score a 5 of a kind payline, the reels will extend to 7 symbols high for the re-spin, giving you even more chances to win on the 103 payline engine!
- Play it safe – Always gamble responsibly. Because this game has a 96.1 percent RTP, the house will always have an advantage. If the victories aren’t coming your way, don’t chase them. Return on a different day.
- Play at one of the finest CA slot sites – we’ve compiled a list of the best CA slot sites for you to select from. To locate one that suits you, look through our selection and read our evaluations.
THE VERDICT OF THE SLOT BUZZ
This is a straightforward slot with a straightforward gaming mechanism. Some may be turned off by the low variance, but we think it’s worth a try, even if it’s simply to see those insane statues dancing and yelling to the beat of the reels!