A high variance slot with 95.5% RTP set in a retro-futuristic universe where 3×3 symbols can drive big wins and the bonus round comes with 10 Free Spins and Sticky Walking Wilds that can help drive a top win of 2,500x.
Planet Fortune Slot RTP, Review and Recommended Slot Sites (Play n Go)
MORE ABOUT PLANET FORTUNE SLOT
Kicking off in January 2018 Play n Go brought Planet Fortune slot to the table. This is a really slick looking game, with lovely ‘retro-futuristic’ graphics like a sci-fi film from the 60s with a planet-scape all in warm oranges and characters with ray-guns and a tin-can robot.
It’s all a bit Buck Rogers, but in a good way. And ok, just check out the characters names – Astro Adam, and Extragalactic Eve! Yes, you read that right. These guys are out there seeking new planets and stars whilst you spin those reels to catch some wins.
It’s all good fun and in fact this game comes with some pretty nice features, although the high variance may make it hard to chase down those big wins.
In the base game it’s all about reels that stick together and form mega-sized symbols, as well as stacked symbols up to four high on a reel, whilst in the bonus round there is a weird little trick where sticky wilds move one reel to the left with each spin until they fall off the end.
It’s all good, quirky fun, and with a top payout of 2,500x it’s worth a crack. So, let’s find out a bit more about Planet Fortune.
Some Key Facts About Planet Fortune Slot
- This is a 5 reel game with 40 fixed paylines, paying out where adjacent symbols match from left to right.
- There are nine basic symbols in the game. The low-paying ones are the card symbols from nine through to Ace, whilst the high paying ones are the two gems and our two headline characters, Adam and Eve! Adam will pay out a fairly decent 18.75x for five in a row.
- The higher value symbols will stack between 2 and 4 symbols high on any of the reels.
- There is also a Wild symbol (the robot) that substitutes for all others and pays out a massive 62.5x for five in a row. The wild also acts as the scatter.
- This is a high variance game with a relatively low RTP – 95.5% so don’t expect any favours coming your way! This will be a tough one to crack.
- You can play Planet Fortune from $0.20 up to $100 per spin.
Planet Fortune – How It Works
So, the base game turns over nice and easy here – you don’t see too many winning spins and what you’re looking out for is the first feature, called Magnetic Mayhem.
This one comes randomly in the base game – you’ll notice two or three reels stick together during the spin. When this happens adjacent symbols will form bigger 2×2 or 3×3 mega symbols. These can be made up of any symbol except the wild.
And that’s about it for the base game.
What you really want to land is the Robot Revolution Free Spins game. You’ll need three or more Robot Wilds to land to set this off.
You get 10 free spins, and no more. They cannot be re-triggered!
The fun part is the wilds that triggered this round, plus any new ones that land during the free spins, are sticky. They remain thoughout the round, but with each spin they ‘walk’ one place to the left, until eventually they walk off the end of their row!
You can keep adding wilds to the reels during your free spins and if you get really lucky of course you can hit the 2,500x jackpot!
How To Win At Planet Fortune Slot
This is a tough little number, it looks great but it will drive you mad trying to unlock a decent win. It’s really all about that bonus round as the wins come few and far between in the base game. If you’re looking for a secret pass to unlock the big wins, well there isn’t one! But what we can give you is a quick five-point re-cap on what to look out for when chasing those wins.
- Mega Symbols – Fingers crossed you see those reels sticking together and you can form some 3×3 blocks made up of Adam and Eves. These guys are the top-payers (wilds don’t count here) so you want them to be in your mega symbols.
- Wilds Drive Big Wins – Remember, the wild robot pays out 62.5x for five in a row so as well as opening up the Free Spins round he can also bring you some big wins when making up a payline.
- Sticky Wilds in the Free Spins Round – As far as we can tell, all the big wins are loaded up into the Free Spins round in this game. So aim to land three Robot Wilds in the base game and then as many wilds as possible over the course of your 10 Free Spins. Then enjoy watching them all stroll across the reels, delivering top payouts as they do!
- Check Your Bankroll – Keep an eye on how much you are spending. It will chew through your bankroll in no time without a sniff of a payout if you’re not careful. And if things aren’t working out, take a break for a while and come back later!
- Play at Licensed CA Slot Sites – We’ve put together a list of the best CA slot sites for you to choose from. Check our reviews to see which ones feature Play n Go slots games.
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
Planet Fortune gets 10 out of 10 for style at TheSlotBuzz. We absolutely love the graphics and animations and the funny stylings and character names. The payout model we found tough though, as you might expect from a high variance slot game. We recommend you take Planet Fortune on with a modest bankroll and set your stake fairly low to absorb those runs of dry spins.
If you do like high variance games from Play n Go then we recommend that you also try another recent release from them, Gold King.