Hugo Goal Slot RTP and Review (Play n Go)
ALL ABOUT HUGO GOAL
Fans of the Hugo Slot series from Play n Go are in for an unexpected treat as we head towards this summer’s football extravaganza in Russia. This 3 reel, 5 payline slot will keep you entertained while you’re waiting for the next game to kick off, and if you’re lucky it might send some cash your way too!
Hugo is a kind of folklore troll who was devised by a Danish TV company in 1990. Since then he has become the center of an international media franchise, including two popular slot games from Play n Go.
The latest in the series is a footy-special and features all the favorite characters form the show, including the hapless Hugo of course, who takes up the position of goalkeeper between the sticks in the bonus round as he attempts to keep the pens out and earn you a soaring multiplier!
A word of warning though, this little guy is not much cop when it comes to saving the ball, at least not when we played! Anyway, on with the show, let’s find out more about what makes this game tick …
Key Facts About Hugo Goal
- Hugo Goal is a 3 row, 3 reel and 5 payline slot, advertised as high variance and with a 96.49% RTP.
- Like the original Hugo and the follow up Hugo 2 the game uses the artwork styles from the cartoon series. This time the action is set against a backdrop of a little football stadium with all Hugo’s mates sitting in the stands cheering you on. Hugo will take center stage if you hit the bonus round – more on that in a moment.
- The low value symbols in the game are all the football-relates ones, so the balls, whistles, shoes, stop watches and linesman’s flags.
- The premium symbols are the characters you will recognize from the stories – The Goat, Don Croco (the crocodile) and Afskylia – each of which can appear fully stacked on a reel.
- The highest paying symbol of all is Hugo – the Wild – and he can land you 80x for 3 on a payline. He also replaces all others.
- You can play Hugo Goal from $0.05 to $100 per spin.
Hugo Goal Slot Features
Action Replay Feature
The action replay can happen randomly after any NON-WINNING spin. It means that one character will appear fully stacked twice on the reels. The remaining reel will keep spinning until you hit a winning combo.
Free Kick Feature
If you land a non-winning spin whilst there are 2 stacks of the same low value symbol – football, refs flag, whistle, shoes, stop watches – then you get ONE re-spin where the remaining reel will spin to give you potential wins.
Penalty Shoot Out Bonus
You need EVERY space on the reels to show the same symbol to set off the main attraction – the Penalty Shoot Out Bonus. Now, our hero Hugo takes up his position between the sticks and you must decide which way he dives to save each pen.
There are 5 shots in all to save and each one has the potential for an increasing multiplier. With each save it can go from 2x to 3x to 4x to 5x to 10x. The multiplier is applied to the win that you got when you triggered the bonus – so potentially 800x if you landed a screen of Hugo Wilds!
THE SLOT BUZZ VERDICT
Hugo Goal is a (medium) high variance game with a 96.49% RTP. It’s not a bad effort, though it probably won’t appeal to those who are looking for a serious slots session. It’s more fun and laughs than anything, and the max payout of 800x is a little underwhelming. However, the graphics and animations are cool and the Penalty Shoot Out adds a nice degree of tension when you’re shooting for the top prizes!